At Pat Kelleher Plumbing and Heating Ltd we believe that the recruitment of talented apprentices is fundamental to our continued success. We are looking for ambitious and committed apprentices and part qualified Plumbers who wish to train as a plumber and are determined to pursue a professional career in plumbing.
How to become an Apprentice
- Pat Kelleher Plumbing & Heating Ltd is approved to train apprentices.
- We will register you as an apprentice within weeks of recruitment.
- Apprenticeship applicants are required to pass a colour vision test approved by SOLAS.
- The minimum age at which the employment of an apprentice may commence is 16 years of age.
Personal Qualities and Skills as a Plumber
You will need to be physically active and to be able to work with your hands. An awareness of health and safety and good housekeeping is essential as well as attention to detail and an eye for the aesthetic.
The Plumber must have the ability to:
- Plan, Organise and Communicate effectively
- Solve problems
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Show a positive attitude
- Recognise the need for good customer relations
- Demonstrate good work practices including timekeeping and tidiness
- Quality awareness and safety awareness